Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rain, rain...

Well, I guess this is what I get for putting off all the laundry that I should've done over the weekend... it's been raining steadily for about 2 hours now, and it looks like it's settling in for the day...

I just hate running the dryer!! True, it makes the clothes softer, and gets more cat and dogs hair off them, but still. I honestly enjoy hanging clothes on the line, and I find it much more convenient to fold them as they come off the line than when they come out of the dryer.

What was I doing all weekend that prevented me from my laundry task?
Well, it is summer, and that means COOKOUTS!!!

Saturday we had our buddy Murat's birthday party over in Hillsborough. Rope swinging, rum cake eating, and a campfire. (yes, I made my first rum cake. It was eaten down to the last crumb, so I think it's safe to say it was a hit)
Sunday, it was a nice potluck at Rain and Elizabeth's-- a lot of the same folks from Murat's party made it out again. It was so nice to hang out. We kinda missed the social season last summer, what with a new baby and all. We saw people, just not so many at once! My contribution was two stratas-- sourdough, broccoli, jalepenos, peppers, and eggs, one with sausage, one veggie. We had just enough left over for breakfast on Monday.
Monday, as Adam was leaving for work (on Memorial day, I know!), we decided that we hadn't gotten enough of our friends and we decided to have an impromptu Memorial Day Cookout Potluck... and because we have awesome friends, about seven people showed up and we had a great time. Most serendipitous.

And now, today, rain.
And also, about six loads of laundry, not including the ever-growing piles of "secondary laundry"-- towels, sheets, and oh yeah, dog towels, which we seem to have more of than any other type of towel...

Here's some pictures I stole from facebook-- yeah, we still haven't gotten our computer fixed...



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. You made me hungry!

    On our way home from your bday party, Curt and I decided that you guys have too great a community of friends for us to expect you to move here!! Good for you, bad for us :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments always appreciated!