Sunday, August 24, 2008

Presto Pesto Dip

So, this is the dish I brought to Nikki's (a fellow Pepper's employee) bachelorette party. She's getting married next weekend, to, get this, the RA of my dorm freshman year, Derek. Funny how people seem to keep coming around. I would never have guessed nine years ago that me and my husband and child would attend my RA's wedding to Nikki from Pepper's. Or that I would have a husband or child. Really, I don't know what I thought I'd be doing nine years from nine years ago. I think I could go so far as to call those my "short-sighted years," as I didn't really seem to think too far ahead about anything...
Anyway, back to pesto-- I had to photograph it. The pesto dip lies serenely in the middle, like a green sea of spice and smoothness, banked by the glistening tomatoes, nestled against the rocky shore of crustinis. The whole has been showered with fresh feta and a bit of basil.

Yes, the pesto was homemade with garden-fresh basil. Yes, it was garlicky as all get-out. Yes, the tomatoes, too, were garden fresh, and so succulently ripe. Yes, the crustinis were made by me, out of free rolls left over from a catering gig that Joe worked. Yes, Joe the guitar player from Blag'ard. Yes, they were brushed with olive oil and cracked black pepper and kosher salt.

No, I did not have to go to the store for any ingredients-- this is a work of pure serendipity.

I am extremely proud of this creation, and if there was no other purpose for this blog but to preserve it in all its splendor, that would be enough.

Yes, I am available for parties. As long as I can bring the boy.

1 comment:

Comments always appreciated!